HEAD VOLLEYBALL COACH
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Athletic Department is seeking applicants for the position of Head Volleyball Coach. Will also be responsible for additional duties as assigned, to include, but not be limited to, administrative duties and/or Health and Human Performance instruction. Additional duties may be performed up to 50% time.
UW-Platteville is a member of NCAA Division III Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC). More information on Pioneer Athletics may be viewed at LetsGoPioneers (http://www.letsgopioneers.com/).
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum three (3) years volleyball coaching experience on the collegiate level or 4 years on the high school level
- Written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of computer applications for recruiting (Front Rush) and video breakdown
- Organizational skills
- Event planning and camp experience
- Fundraising experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work weekends & evenings and also to travel
- Transferable skills, educational background, expertise or experience to teach college level courses in Health and Human Performance Department
- Masters degree (will be required in a Health and Human Performance related area if secondary duties are as a lecturer in the Health and Human Performance Department).
- Track record of success as a head coach or top level assistant
- Demonstrated recruiting ability
- Teaching experience on the collegiate level
Responsible for management and administration of all phases of the volleyball program, student-athletes and staff. Duties include, but are not limited to, coaching, recruiting qualified student athletes including use of recruiting software, fund raising, camp operations, budget administration, team travel, developing community support for the program, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches and other duties as assigned. Position will also have additional duties based on departmental needs.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, enrolls about 8,000 students in 42 baccalaureate and 6 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Crime Statistics Report is available for review at http://www.uwplatt.edu/files/police/2014ASR.pdf
Call the UW-Platteville Campus Police Office at 608-342-1584 for a paper copy of the annual report.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applications must be submitted electronically by December 15, 2016.
Qualified applicants are required to submit applications via the university's applicant portal.
Please be sure to submit the following:
- A letter of application addressing each of the qualifications required for the position;
- A current resume;
- A list of three references (name, address and telephone number).
Questions may be addressed to Kara McCarville at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-342-1567.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available for review. Call the UW-Platteville Campus Police Office at 608.342.1584 for a paper copy of the annual report.