ASSISTANT WRESTLING/ASSISTANT STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Wrestling/Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Athletic Department. This is a 91% time, benefit eligible, 9-month basis position.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum one (1) years of successful coaching experience on the collegiate level or 3 years experience on the high school level.
- Written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of computer applications, including that for recruiting
- Organizational skills
- Event planning and camp experience
- Fund raising experience and developing community support for the program
- Demonstrated successful recruiting ability
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work weekends & evenings and also to travel
- Ability to design and conduct in-season and off-season strength and conditioning programs for various sport teams.
- Educational background, expertise or experience to serve as strength and condition coach.
- Masters degree.
- Recognized National Strength and Conditioning organization certification
- Competitive experience on the collegiate level
Duties include, but are not limited to, coaching, recruiting qualified student athletes to meet university enrollment goals, including use of recruiting software, fund raising, camp operations, developing community support for the program, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes. Prefer collegiate coaching experience and participation. Knowledge of NCAA rules. Candidates will also serve as Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach developing and monitoring programs for various sport programs. Position will also have equipment duties and other duties as assigned to support the athletic department operations.
Athletic Department. Member of NCAA Division III, Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC). www.letsgopioneers.com
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, enrolls about 8,000 students in 42 baccalaureate and 6 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
For full consideration, applications must be submitted by June 18, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applications are required to be submitted electronically through the UW-Platteville Careers portal. Please be sure to upload the following:
- A letter of application addressing each of the qualifications required for the position;
- A current resume; and
- A list of three references (name, address and telephone number).
Questions about this position may be addressed to: Kara McCarville, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available for review. Call the UW-Platteville Campus Police Office at 608.342.1584 for a paper copy of the annual report.